Saturday 28 June 2008

June Income

As June draws to a close I post the first monthly dividend income summary. I will do this at the last weekend of each month, with the first weekend of each month reserved for a capital review.

The first month's dividends amounted to £194.19. Not bad, and not to be sniffed at. Many of the stocks I purchased to construct the portfolio during April and May had already gone ex dividend on their payments so I missed the boat on some of them.

The values received are as follows:

BP - £102
Prodesse Investment - £27.50
Provident Financial - £41.50
Royal Dutch Shell B - £22.25 (this was half of the future expected values as I bought the second £2000 worth of shares after the shares were already ex-dividend, so the September payout should be in the region of £44)


I expect payments to start ramping up from hereon in - for example next week alone I expect dividends in the region of £130 from Taylor Wimpey, Intermediate Capital Group and iShares UK Dividend Plus ETF. As previously stated, none of this income will be spent, it will all be held to reinvest in further share purchases to grow the capital level overall.

The ETF is worthy of more comment, which I hope to do tomorrow.

The Dividend Seeker

No comments: